Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dining Room Buffet Vignette

One of my favorite rooms in our house 
is the dining room.  I love changing things around 
in there pretty regularly.  I had a little time this
weekend to shoot some pics of the
 dining room buffet vignette.

Back in the spring, I found this simple white frame at the 
Rose Bowl Flea Market.  I wasn't sure what I'd do with it
until I was at Home Depot a few months back and learned
that I could purchase READY TO GO pre-made chalkboards.  
YES, that's right, no chalkboard paint needed.  I just asked
the guy to cut the board to the desired size, and PRESTO,  I 
instantly had a chalkboard for the flea market frame!


The simple white frame was made
 for this midsized chalkboard!  
It looked like they always belonged together.


   An appetizing message 
adds some French flair to the buffet...


   A few months ago, my mom surprised me with these
adorable silver candle holders that she purchased 
at a vintage French Estate Sale. 
 The moment I saw them, I knew how perfect they would look
 sitting on top of  one of my favorite vintage silver trays.
 I haven't polished them in a while, 
but I like the patina on them 
when they are in need of polish; 
it gives them their old vintage charm back.

I moved my white chunky candle sticks from the console table 
in the family room to compliment the white vintage frame. 
 I like the crisp look they bring to the vignette.
My hubby picked up these pink beauties at our local Trader Joe's
and they added the right amount of color perfect enough to create a soft palette against the black backdrop of the chalkboard.

I played around with a little more color, 
and decided to try a different layout .
Here, I placed the cute short round bucket that I used 
in my Nantucket Table Design a few months ago,filled it with lemons, placed it atop of a crystal cake 
stand, and  paired it with a candle in a glass jar my daughter made at Vacation Bible Camp this summer,and instantly a new vignette was born.  
 



  
 
 I love when children create beautiful things, 
and this glass jar candle with scripture attached
is one art project I will treasure forever!  

Regardless of which layout I choose to display for now,
one thing is certain; this dining room chalkboard
is the perfect addition to my dining room buffet.
 
Bon Appetite!

Xx,

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I had no idea I could get chalkboards cut to size. Hmmm, the wheels are turning..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what lovely flowers and vignette. Your picture are gorgeous. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the chalkboard sign! What a sweet little buffet!

    I would love for you to share this (and any other post!) at my Life of the Party link up! It just opened! Im going to poke around your blog a little more. :)
    http://thegrantlife.com/life-of-the-party-1/

    ReplyDelete